Know the warning signs and minimize the effects of Quarantine Fever
What is Quarantine Fever?
Quarantine Fever is the latest term since COVID-19 to strike the world. Similar to "Cabin Fever" or going Stir-crazy", Quarantine Fever is a feeling or feelings that negatively impacts individuals who are experiencing extended periods at home or in isolation.
Feelings of boredom, restlessness, anxiety, stress, loneliness and paranoia are common.
Although intensity levels may vary, the extreme side of Quarantine Fever can lead to irrational thoughts and actions, violence, irritability and even suicide.
How do I know if I have Quarantine Fever?
This article is not intended to solicit medical advice or diagnosis. Seek counsel from a licensed medical or psychological professional.
There are many self assessment tools and resources available online such as this simple Wellness Scorecard to get a baseline of where you fall on the dimensions of wellness.
How do I minimize the effects of Quarantine Fever?
Here are some general tips for addressing the looming effects of Quarantine Fever:
1. Exercise- Stay active with physical activity, going for a walk, yoga, pilates and are good ways to expose yourself to sunlight and increase blood-flow to the body.
2. Practice Gratitude- mindfulness and focussing on all the good things around you can help change your mindset during difficult times.
3. Get social while social distancing- have an online party, call/text/email friends and family. Do a virtual movie or game night to put a new spin on social activity for the time being.
4. Use the 5 4 3 2 1 method- Find 5 things you can see, 4 things you can touch, 3 things you can hear, 2 things you can smell, 1 thing you can taste to refocus and ground yourself.
5. Get treatment- a licensed counselor, doctor, therapist, coach or other medical professional might be able to help you curb the effects of Quarantine Fever.
What else can I do to overcome Quarantine Fever?
You don't have to feel the way you do any longer. Addressing issues before they get worse can help you gain a sense of normalcy.
1. Define what you're feeling. It's hard to address specifics if you're not sure what to even address.
2. Attempt to find why you feel the way you do. You might need help from a friend, family member, coach, counselor ect. to help pinpoint where you're at.
3. Eliminate anything that is causing you pain, discomfort, stress ect.
4. Replace these pain points with positive feelings.
5. Thrive. The mind, body and soul can only function at survival mode for so long. We are created to thrive, not just survive. Use this time and these feelings as a catalyst, like a plant that's been pruned, to spark growth and help you gain confidence, peace, fulfillment and sustainability.
If you need help with any of these steps, schedule a 1:1 session with a Certified Life Coach today.
12/17/2022 02:58:21 am
Loved reading thhis thank you
Leave a Reply.
My life purpose is to grow and help others grow to achieve their dreams no matter how big or small.